Monday, June 4, 2007

Assignment 1 : Writing a Self-Assessment Essay

The main purpose of Foundation English course is to help the students to improve their knowledge in English.

I was afraid and feeling bore to English since younger again, but after taking the Foundation English course I think that English is just simply an easy language to learn.

In the class, Madam Sitha try to find out something that wouldn’t bore us in order to guide us that learning English sometime would be interesting and funny. Then, I can play the whole attention in the class and so I really learn a lot from this class, like speaking, writing, and listening. There are a lot of activities done in the classes, as well as book reading review, doing and presenting a tourism advertisement poster, presenting a fairy tales drama, and so on. During the activities, we cooperate to perform well and encourage the others, thus our friendships can be closed together. I am enjoying these and confident to take part in the activities.

Furthermore, it is quite interesting when we create a class website. I feel curious and so happy when looking at the blogs written by my friends in the same class since this is my first time to write a blog. When writing a blog, I think at least we can share our experiences whether it is pleasant or sad.
For anyone who doesn’t need to go outside the country or meet with others come into the country, they don't need to learn English either. However, without English skills, one does limits the scope he can reach and will lose so many opportunities.

English is so useful when I am doing research in library to find out the books I want because most of the books are written in English. After finish the course, hopefully I can also use English to communicate with the foreigner through the internet.In addition, as an engineer, English is widely used in the daily job as they may use it to communicate with the engineers from other country to make the agreement.

I hope that after finish the course I can speak English with my friends. I will continue to learn English due to English is an international language and a common language that everyone can speak.


From : TAY SEK FONG A106738

No comments: