Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ASSIGNMENT 2

I have go to David Crystal website ang there is so many word that I have not seen before. I choose the word 'Hotdesking' because it seem attractive to me. I want to know what the word means. So I download the audio to listen the Profesor David Crystal recording. I listen it many times to know the information inside this tape. After a few time listening this tape, I know the word "hotdesking" is means for the practice of sharing desks or workstations between office workers, on a sort rota system. The word "hotdesking" is use for people that dont't have individual desks for sharing desks for works with other workers. When the first time i see this work, I think it means the desks is hot because the beginning of the word, there is "hot" work. I've imagine the desk is "heat up" and the steam coming off the desk!. Now I understand "hotdesking" mean. The Audio of David Crystal really help me know the meaning of that word. Later, I want to use this website to find some other word that I've not understand. I really enjoyed using this kind of menthod to improve my listening and writing skill.



Mohd Shahrin bin Rahami (A114859)

No comments: