Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Assignment 2

For your information, to do this assignment I have borrowed a speaker to play the sound of Professor David Crystal. After I'm listened to Prof. David Crystal's recording, not once but so many times, and finally I understand his recording. The title I choose is “make my day”. It was a very simple word, but it caught my attention. It means that “do something that really please me”. Professor David Crystal uses hunters to explain this word. He said before the hunters start their operation hunting, they use to say “go ahead and make my day”, then they start hunt and they got victory. That’s word can be a motivation for they. What I got not only the meaning of the word, but I also learn a new vocabulary. After I listened, even I not really hear it clearly, but at least I learned some pronunciation. The way Professor David Crystal pronounces is very good. Man, I must improve my listening skill or else I can not heat what he says. In my opinion, this website is very useful, because it can help us to improve our English, only depend on us want to do it or not. I glad I found this website, and I will full use it.

No comments: