Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ASSIGNMENT 2: INDIVIDUAL ONLINE LISTENING AND WRITING

I was search to website http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish for the assignment 2.

I was follow the proceduce and select the topic listening ''Kate Moss". the listening task is about the release of a new bag by a well known designer and at the beginning of May thousands queued for the midnight opening of the high street clothes retailer Topshop as they launched a new line of clothing designed by the British model Kate Moss. I tried listening many time because not clearly. I follow the listening by read the tapescript then I know the story.

I learn the vocaburaly from the programme like
to snap (something) up- to buy something in a sale or at a good price which isn't available for very long
an onlooker- someone who watches something happening in a public place but isn't involved
to catch a glimpse of someone or something- to see someone or something for a very short time
a label- the tag in an article of clothing which has the name of the company or designer gorgeous / stunning- very attractive and good looking
to weather the storm of negative publicity- to survive a period when there are a lot of negative stories in the media
to come out on top- to come out of a difficult situation and still be successful
a small blip- a small temporary interruption which proves not to be very important

I also note down the new words like:
queue-line of waiting persons or vehicles.
auction- sell at or buy an auction.
contradict- conflict

Opinion: For this assignment, I can remember the new words by listening. It make me more easy to catch the new words. I also learn the speaking skills by the programme listening.

From: LEE YAU WENG A109150

No comments: