Wednesday, June 6, 2007

AsSiGnMeNt 2…………..MuHaMmaD TaQiuDDiN BiN Ali….A115097

Now, internet is everything. What we want? All things in the Internet. Agree with me?. In the internet, we can make to order something, pay the bill, reading an article, find something new, learn something and others. At this night, I will do my second assignment with using internet. My second assignment is about one website, www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish. Firstly,I try so search www.bbc.co.uk, after that I search Prof. David Crystal, all about Prof. David Cristal is complete finding. Then I choose one topic is about ‘Text’. After that, I try to download the audio to listen the pro. crystal recording. I listen it many times and try to understand what the information inside the tape. I try to listen it carefully. I repeat, repeat and repeat again to listen what Prof. David Crystal said. After a few minutes I heard this tape, I knew this tape about text. At the www.bbc.co.uk website, I can learning some new vocabulary and get some information.

First time I listen what is Prof. David Crystal said, I cannot understand, but I try to copy all the text and paste to www.citcat.com’s website. This website is used to transfer meaning between two language, malay-english and English-malay. What I got is more Understand about text. What is text?.. 'Text' is one of these new words that have come into English as a result of the internet revolution and especially, this time, the cell phone revolution. For your information, before 5, 10 years ago Cell phones didn't exist, after that, people started using them to send messages to each other. First as a noun, we had the noun 'text' and now we have the verb 'to text', which is to send a written message using a mobile phone or a cell phone. Actually text isn't new. Although the verb 'to text' is a modern feature of today is English, Today, text was to write something in very large letters, in capital letters, and also in 'text hand'.

I learn the vocabulary from the that site like

  • abbreviate v. (-ting) shorten, esp. represent (a word etc.) by a part of it.  abbreviation n. [Latin: related to *brief]
  • engaged adj. 1 pledged to marry. 2 (of a person) occupied, busy. 3 (of a telephone line, toilet, etc.) in use.
  • succinct adj. brief; concise.  succinctly adv. succinctness n. [Latin cingo cinct- gird]
  • revolution n. 1 forcible overthrow of a government or social order. 2 any fundamental change or reversal of conditions. 3 revolving. 4 a single completion of an orbit or rotation. b time taken for this. 5 cyclic recurrences. [Latin: related to *revolve]
  • expression n. 1 expressing or being expressed. 2 word or phrase expressed. 3 person's facial appearance, indicating feeling. 4 conveying of feeling in music, speaking, dance, etc. 5 depiction of feeling etc. in art. 6 Math. Collection of symbols expressing a quantity.  expressionless adj. [French: related to *express]


Lastly, what I got from that site is more about information. Beside that I was find a new vocabulary.
I want put a new vocabulary in my vocabulary book. I learned the way he write some interesting stories with her words that we can understand it. This way can improve my writing too .I enjoyed this website that give me more chance the way to improved my English and give me a lot of information too. Thank you Prof. David Crystal…

1 comment:

welcome said...

I enjoyed reading about yr experience with the website and am glad that you guys are enjoying and learning from it. I learnt something from you - the citcat website where it can transer languages- now that's something new and cool!! Will definitely check this out

Pn sitha