Thursday, June 7, 2007

ASSIGNMENT 2....(mUaH!!!)



Hello my lovely lecture, Madam Sitha and also my happening friends….{^________^}

Today…for the last day that we must submit our assignment for this blog,I have listening to the Professor David Crystal web site. At the first time when I knew we must done this as our second assignment, think it’s not quite difficult…maybe it’s just seem like our MUET listening before…but…when I heard it…waarrrghhh..it’s quit difficult for me to understand what he was talking about! Same with everyone, I was heard it for 3-4 times, but I’m still blurred…cannot understand it 100%...

From the headlines ‘Keep Your English Up To Date’, I was choosing the topic ‘Mwah!’ because it sounds so interesting for me. Actually this topic is about what we understand about the meaning of ‘mwah’. Actually, it’s a sort of ‘sound symbolic’ word and its mean a lovely way of expressing the actual noise that takes place when you do a phony kiss of this kind. As example, when one person puts the cheek against the other person's cheek and they have what is often called an 'air' kiss. They make a kissing noise, which shows that they're coming together, as great intimates, but it's not a real kiss at all. And many people then give this air kiss a noise, a word, and it's usually 'mwah', 'mwah' - something like that.

I got a lot of new words from this listening like I was list below:

1) intimate = to tell people something in an indirect way


2) affectation = something that is not part of your natural personality but that you do or say to impress people


3) awful = used for emphasizing how unpleased someone or something



I certainly was heard this ‘mwah’ word on the radio and certainly it was used as a way of saying goodbye to listeners, so everyone…mwah!!!mwah!!!



(mimidiYana)

1 comment:

welcome said...

hoyeeii..mimi good job ya...
well good luck for ur future..

{^_^}
guess who..
u know me..